Wednesday, October 6, 2010

FX Market Rally Halted

If you follow EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD... rally seems halted...
it is good because we need to take a break, market need to take a breather, awaiting for a breakout.  Since I have the privilege of time, that I can watch the market today, I choose to enter the market during my visualization hour.

Today, my visualization hour will be:
1pm
4pm
8pm: Release of ADP National Employment Report at 8.15pm (GMT+8) is expected to show private payrolls rose 20,000 in September. Private-sector jobs in the U.S. fell by 10,000 in August, less than the 17,000 economists were expecting. The ADP report — which is released today before of the big Friday BLS jobs report — is closely watched by the markets.
9.30pm: US market open
10.30pm: Crude Oil Inventories at 10.30pm (GMT+8) Energy Information Agency releases its weekly updates on oil stockpiles. Last week’s report showed that oil inventories dropped by 500,000, slightly more than analysts had anticipated. With crude up 6% so far this month, traders will be watching this gauge of demand.

Tonight I would skip my Zumba class for ADP Non-Farm Employment Chagne report.  I will practice my techniques at home, 3 techniques, 50 times each.
In the afternoon will be revision to the Professional Trade Master Module and back-testing on Equities, Futures market using the Volume change + Japanese Candlestick Reversal method. 3 markets, 3 products, 3 case studies.

Hopefully can steal some time to read the Universal Principles of Successful Trading too!

6 comments:

  1. For EUR, do you plan to short after rally, or long after pullback? It seems that it still can go up higher today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hands

    Thanks for coming to my blog.

    I am still looking for a position to Long near 1.3820-800, watching the 30 minutes chart now for a good entry point as long as EUR/USD still trading above 1.3760.

    Do you have any open position on EUR?

    -Ayumi-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ayumi,

    I'm waiting to long EUR or AUD after the pullback later on, but so far this morning it still refuse to go down yet.. If possible I plan to long around 1.3730 (seems far, I will adjust manually when see it start to drop).. But, with the rally quite long yesterday, I believe the pullback won't be quick one..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hands

    Yup, they refuse to come down yet.. if you check the daily candlestick pattern, i think the maximum it can come down is only 1/2 of yesterday's trading range, which is near 1.3760 region.

    My entry also seems far, and the market is testing my patience :) Will it pullback later on or will it just rally from here?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ayumi,

    You get it right, nice forecast.. Have you close it yet, or targeting 1.40?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hands,

    According to Dr. Van Tharp - We cannot trade the market, we only trade our belief about the market.

    so.... i think it is not about being right or not. Do you sometimes feel the sore in our heart that Mr. Market moves in our direction, but we do not have any position / we are not dare to enter right away?
    ^_^

    My target remain at 1.4030-50.
    For aggressive traders, it may be an opportunity to capture another long when it correct today. Do you think 1.3880 is a good level?

    ReplyDelete